- A great leader connects daily work with great goals. A mere manager focuses only on the short-term.
- A great leader thinks of people as people. A mere manager sees only titles or organizational charts.
- A great leader wants to earn respect. A mere manager wants to be liked.
- A real leader is thrilled when team members achieve great things. A mere manager is threatened.
- A great leader empowers people with honesty and transparency. A mere manager parcels out information as if it costs him personally.
- A great leader understands that if the team falls short, he is responsible. A mere manager blames the team.
- A great leader cares mainly about results. A mere manager is more concerned with process.